CBX1000A Air Assist Front Forks

Karlos
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

CBX1000A Air Assist Front Forks

Post by Karlos »

Hi
My CBX is the USA 1000A variant, circa 1980. I'm struggling in the UK to secure new set of the fork stanchions, the bright chrome bits !!
The current have crimp marks from over zealous tightening and the inevitable pitting marks.
My challenge is that manufacturers / suppliers are quoting for the CBX1000Z formats, these do not appear to have the recess for the lower bush fitting, so I sent them back. Does anyone know the tech dimensions ie stanchion length / diameter so can confidently quote what I need.... or where I might in the UK or EU purchase with confidence the necessary replacement parts please? Are the CBX pro link units compatible ?
As always your help and insight is much appreciated
Thanks Karl

jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: CBX1000A Air Assist Front Forks

Post by jnnngs »

Karl,

Have you tried Bert at the SixCenter (sixcenter.nl) to see if he has any?

Paul.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

The '80 fork tubes and lowers are unique to that year. The Pro-Link units are 39mm - will bolt right on and make you a nice front end, but not original if that's what you're after. You might search a while to find them over there. There are some here in the states, but I suppose shipping is prohibitive.

Dave

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

first place to search for cbx parts in europe would be with Bert at Six Center

http://www.sixcenter.nl/index.html
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”