Shock help

Skyguy
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Shock help

Post by Skyguy »

I need some recommendations on replacing my shocks. I have read many posts here and the info is plenty. But.....

I don't want the 1100F, (Possible clearance issue with my Pipemasters) and I don't plan on two up riding for the most part.

I don't plan on tracking the CBX and just want a simple, cost effective replacements for my 79 CBX shocks. The PO put on some too short shocks and

these have to be replaced ASAP. Any simple suggestions?

Thanks in advance as allies,

Sky..

Note: short, crappy shocks. 12.5 inches...Not even close to the 14 inches.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Shock help

Post by wyly »

http://www.tecbikepartsusa.com/TEC_Allo ... -21-h9.htm

this is what I put on my Z... 14inches, no conflict with my Pipemasters, they're pretty and best of all really CHEAP! :D ...I don't push the limits of the Z or myself so they serve their purpose they haven't failed and meet my needs.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

wyly wrote:http://www.tecbikepartsusa.com/TEC_Allo ... -21-h9.htm

this is what I put on my Z... 14inches, no conflict with my Pipemasters, they're pretty and best of all really CHEAP! :D ...I don't push the limits of the Z or myself so they serve their purpose they haven't failed and meet my needs.
??? remote resivo...resevour... whatever.... shocks for that price? Whats the catch? :?
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Some great info on the Tec shock from CL Mototech.
A decent starting product that is rebuildable and can be improved.
http://chrislivengood.net/wp/tag/tec-alloy-shock/

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

made in China or Taiwan, maybe designed in USA and farmed out for production overseas, cheap labor...made in china/taiwan isn't the sign of crap it used to be, lot's of high tech stuff we use everyday in automotive and electronics is made there now.

I still need to adjust mine properly for my weight but so far they're okay and at that price it won't bother me to toss them in a year or two if I find i need something better. But for my riding ability ,age and the risks I'm willing to take on the Z they're great. I'm not sure which I worry about hurting more the Z or my body :?
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

patzx12
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by patzx12 »

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

wyly wrote:made in China or Taiwan, maybe designed in USA and farmed out for production overseas, cheap labor...made in china/taiwan isn't the sign of crap it used to be, lot's of high tech stuff we use everyday in automotive and electronics is made there now.
Interesting that you say that as Tec's web site, Re: The Fine Print, say's they manufacture their products themselves.
They are quite specific in how they operate as a buisness.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Mouse wrote:
wyly wrote:made in China or Taiwan, maybe designed in USA and farmed out for production overseas, cheap labor...made in china/taiwan isn't the sign of crap it used to be, lot's of high tech stuff we use everyday in automotive and electronics is made there now.
Interesting that you say that as Tec's web site, Re: The Fine Print, say's they manufacture their products themselves.
They are quite specific in how they operate as a buisness.
sure but that could still mean they assemble it "themselves" somewhere else...Ford builds cars "themselves" in many different countries to their specification in their own factories...I don't know if that's the case with Tec but it would explain the low cost...

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

As Maxwell Smart would say to 99,
The old
"We manufacture our products ourselves but in another country in a building where 13 other brands also make their similar products as ours, themselves."
trick.

Return to “HANDLING: Suspension, Gearing, Frame Bracing, Non X Handling Part Upgrades, Rim Replacement Options, and more”