RC Engineering exhaust

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: RC Engineering exhaust

Post by Gearheadgregg »

IMG_2723.JPG
Thanks Nils..the Kosmans wires were on this bike when purchased along with the Russ Collins exhaust, Just cleaned them up and installed new bearings , Double bearing on the chain drive side and Bronze bushings installed on the swingarm, added the right side disk back on the front also..and everything else that was missing for street use..like 2 pages of parts list,,, this is what i brought home that day
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gearheadgregg on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

I know you are a tough guy Greg but i am still glad to see the shocks instead of the struts. haha.

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:I know you are a tough guy Greg but i am still glad to see the shocks instead of the struts. haha.
Oh yeah ! no way was i gonna try the strut thing on the street :o

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

IMG_3074.JPG
More RC Pics ..paint was complete ..BUT ? made them respray the color again..i"m a little picky about paint..99.5 percent complete..The CBX sure is a nice looking bike.glad this old barn find found me !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Gearheadgregg on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Picked up a RC Performance set that is going to be Ceramic coated Aluminum tomorrow,, still don't want any Chrome on this build,,, may sell the Chrome set that is on the bike shown ..just came in yesterday Fed express http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-CBX1000-R ... true&rt=nc

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

I've been looking for the chromed set as I don't like mine which are silver/chrome ceramic coated. What condition are these? Any dents, scratches or rust on them? If so, perhaps you would be interested in trading?
I never Installed mine after I got bought them or since they were ceramic coated

Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

:auto-sportbike:

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

cross wrote:I've been looking for the chromed set as I don't like mine which are silver/chrome ceramic coated. What condition are these? Any dents, scratches or rust on them? If so, perhaps you would be interested in trading?
I never Installed mine after I got bought them or since they were ceramic coated

Sasha
Oh man ! wish you would have sold yours to me way back when i posted i was wanting to purchase your RC pipes ? did not think you were ever ready to part with them ..*don't blame you* These RC pipes shown are clean inside and out all surface rust was cleaned out when plated ,one small ding is by the shifter and it was chromed over, They are very nice, Looking at your picture here on Oct you posted looks like yours have some dings and scratches ? The set i just purchased from Santa Ana Ca are Pristine no dents and found a co in Ct 1 hr away that will Ceramic coat Polish for $ 175 ..they should be show quality when complete..that is my goal . Thanks for the offer,, i have 3 complete sets now/ Greg
Last edited by Gearheadgregg on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Yes, I wasn't ready to part with them. I paid $450 for them and I like the look of this exhaust just wanted chrome but I don't thinking mine have any dents in them. I'll check again but finish is really good. Maybe they could use re-buffing just from sitting in the box.
I spoke with company that did them and they told me that they would have to sand blast them and chrome guy said that in that case and by the time he smooths them down to be ready for chroming that they may be too thin.
I'll take a look at mine and send you more pics if you would be still interested in some kind of a deal for one of your pipe sets
Thanks
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

Re RC Chrome exhaust. May be a couple months before i sell this set shown..need to wait on the powder coating to be complete on recent purchase and with no issues before i let these go ? Cross your correct BE Careful with Re-coat sanding for sure ,, I had my Chrome guy sand through one of the Megaphones on my original set ..and then had some bad luck with a so called welder fabricator try to braze the hole and destroyed the megaphone with heat..i will post the set here first for members with set price. Greg

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

No, I will definitely not get time chromed.
I'll wait to get decent chrome ones such as ones you just bought. Are you sure you don't want to wait for me to take a look to see if they have dings on them? They may be perfect for you and if we do straight trade a bargain too
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

Gearheadgregg wrote:Re RC Chrome exhaust. May be a couple months before i sell this set shown..need to wait on the powder coating to be complete on recent purchase and with no issues before i let these go ? Cross your correct BE Careful with Re-coat sanding for sure ,, I had my Chrome guy sand through one of the Megaphones on my original set ..and then had some bad luck with a so called welder fabricator try to braze the hole and destroyed the megaphone with heat..i will post the set here first for members with set price. Greg

The set that you bought on Ebay is probably the last set we will see for sale period and it would be a shame to ceramic coat them as there is no going back to chrome.
I would really appreciate if you would consider trading your Ebay set (not the once you just got re-chromed). I can send you as many pics of mine you wish, i'm almost positive that there are no dents or scratches on them as they are still wrapped and in the box.
And you would be saving money on coating too

Thanks

Sasha
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

"The set that you bought on Ebay is probably the last set we will see for sale period" That's like saying the last CBX has been found in a barn. There will always be another one of just about anything show up.

Dave

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

cross wrote:
Gearheadgregg wrote:Re RC Chrome exhaust. May be a couple months before i sell this set shown..need to wait on the powder coating to be complete on recent purchase and with no issues before i let these go ? Cross your correct BE Careful with Re-coat sanding for sure ,, I had my Chrome guy sand through one of the Megaphones on my original set ..and then had some bad luck with a so called welder fabricator try to braze the hole and destroyed the megaphone with heat..i will post the set here first for members with set price. Greg

The set that you bought on Ebay is probably the last set we will see for sale period and it would be a shame to ceramic coat them as there is no going back to chrome.
I would really appreciate if you would consider trading your Ebay set (not the once you just got re-chromed). I can send you as many pics of mine you wish, i'm almost positive that there are no dents or scratches on them as they are still wrapped and in the box.
And you would be saving money on coating too

Thanks

Sasha
Sasha i will most likely sell this chrome set one day, but as hard to find RC parts now days they are out there as Dave79 stated , This is my 2nd purchase on Ebay for these pipes ..yep it took 2 years to find them but they do pop up here and there..I seen yours also before you purchased..Your welcome for not bidding against you lol :D Most important is that i already have a fresh Chrome set . and had already purchased this latest set for Ceramic coat because My belief is that Ceramic coats Inside and outside and will preserve these antiques for longer than Chrome. I have Black/Chrome/Ceramic colors .. My GL 1500 Blown Valk Headers have Ceramic coat and up here in the North East i need all the help i can get from the salt Humid Air on the Island i live on , all my bikes are locked in a controlled environment. Your offer sounds awesome !But i already had purchased the Ebay set and had a plan . BTW for a pipe that was not so welcome here it appears that we are not the only people that understand the Legacy of Russ Collins with over 7000 hits on your post ..Hang on to your RC pipe ! Greg https://axleaddict.com/auto-repair/5-To ... urbo-Parts

cross
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by cross »

No problem,

Thanks
Sasha

'82 Honda CBX
'99 Triumph TBS
'01 Honda Valkyrie

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

IMG_3067.JPG
IMG_3069.JPG
No Mo Chrome ...Ceramic coated and Vibratory polished ..Inside also this should preserve these for 37 more years.
Last edited by Gearheadgregg on Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”