ceramic coating on the inside of headers?

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: ceramic coating on the inside of headers?

Post by EMS »

wyly wrote:Maybe complete and partial chrome were options that have been discontinued, I was never given those choices when I placed the order. Is it reflected in the price, $2,200 + $255 shipping.
Considering the problems chroming companies have with environmental regulations, it is a good possibility that chrome was phased out. You got a decent price. I paid quite a bit more for my all-chrome exhaust 5 or so years ago.

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Z
Last edited by wyly on Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Z
Last edited by wyly on Tue May 08, 2018 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Gearheadgregg
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Gearheadgregg »

well ? i have some serious Dyno pulls hitting the rev limiter under Full Boost watching the header turn RED , not just a couple of 1/4 miles runs but 14 years and 35.000 miles om my Ceramic coated custom headers and never turned Gold ?, I have a Excellent Chrome shop 10 miles from my home that does all my Chrome work including my 1978 CB 750 exhaust "that never Blued" Ceramic coat is a bit cheaper , and looks very nice polished , just a matter of personal preference i guess, most of the World Record holder Cars and Bikes are Ceramic coated pipes http://www.jet-hot.com/coatings/

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Z

Return to “EXHAUSTS: What works and fits...and what doesn't.”