Replacing rotor

Vince

Replacing rotor

Post by Vince »

I just received my rebuilt (charging system) rotor from Ricks Motorsports Electric and started to take the old one out. No problem in getting the old one out ...pretty straight forward. But!!!!! I see that I need to remove the shaft from the old rotor for use on the new (rebuilt) one. I removed the nut and washer from the rear end of the shaft and then the nut and washer from the front of the shaft..no problem....Now I'm not sure how to remove the shaft itself...by looking at the new rotor I see that the hole in the rotor that the shaft goes through is tapered..skinny toward the front and wider toward the back....so the shaft has to be removed from the rear of the rotor. Next I see that the new rotor has threads in the shaft hole at the front end. So...I believe that the shaft is threaded into the rotor......The big question is..... ..how do you twist the shaft out without screwing up the ends of the shaft (where the bearings ride)???

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

--
Last edited by sr71cbx on Mon May 17, 2004 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vince

Replacing rotor

Post by Vince »

Thanks Mark...a press did the trick.

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

--
Last edited by sr71cbx on Mon May 17, 2004 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim-Jim
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Personal message

Post by Jim-Jim »

Vince,

You sent me a personal message but I could not reply to it for some reason so I'm coming back at you here. Are you still having problems? What did you want to talk about? If there is a problem with the board in answering PMs, we'll have to do it here. :D

Vince Pankoke
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by Vince Pankoke »

JimJim...I finally got the charging problem fixed!!!! I posted what happened in a response in the neutral light problem post. Thanks Vince
79 CBX, 71 H1A

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”