Front indicator wiring - please help!!

CBXzREG
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Front indicator wiring - please help!!

Post by CBXzREG »

Gents, would appreciate your help - I have an electrical problem.

I took off the headlight shell for a respray in satin black paint - looks great.

Reconnected the main wiring clusters, riding light and headlight. Bike starts fine so all ok.

Problem is my written notes have failed me with both indicators (front and rear, both sides) !!! I dont have a workshop manual.

The bike was a California import. From each front stalk I have 3 wires 8one of which I guess is the wire to keen on all the time which is not used now):

Left side indicator from front of bike, 1. Three black wires, with an orange identification strip, one with orange and white strips, third with a green strip.

Right indicator front front, 3 black wires, blue, blue/white and green.

In the headhead shell I have 4 connectors: 2 x doubles, 2 x singles.

Doubles: one on an solid orange wire, one on a solid light blue wire.

Singles: one light blue/white stripe, one orange/white stripe.

Additionally, on the riding light, there is a double connector with a green wire going to the riding light and a vacant connector that needs a black wire. From where???? Which one is it - anything to do with the indicator wires as in principle there are only 6 black wires which are all indicator wires.

I have spent an hour trying all permutions of wiring combinations and cant get anything from either lights. I'm totally miffed. By the way, I guess the back sidelights will work once I crack the fronts??!!

Grateful if someone can help as am supposed to be going on holiday on sunday........................ thanks. :oops:
Ride safe, Richard

motorcycleguy1

wiring

Post by motorcycleguy1 »

The wiring is as follows:

The green wires are the ground wires

The orange wires are the left turn signals

The light blue wires are the right turn signals

The orange with white stripe is the left front marker light

And the light blue with white stripe is for the right front marker light.

I had to look at my bike to verify all this, but it all should work out once everything is connected. good luck,

Dan

CBXzREG
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by CBXzREG »

Just a short line to thank all those who sent me messages off-line to give advice. I got the problem sorted eventually - the garage that had installed a running light here in Switzerland had re-routed some of the wires and buggered up the standard wiring plan. Anyway - its sorted.

Many thanks once again.
Ride safe, Richard

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”