electronic ignition

ray bear
New Member & Happy To Be Here

electronic ignition

Post by ray bear »

Hi all, been a while since I posted on here, that's the trouble with Hondas they don't want to stop, anyway my old cbx had a Tims Dyna and was good but sold it on and bought another with standard ignition and now after a few years the igniters are dripping black gunk so I want to update the ignition, the dyna uses the original mechanical advance system which seems a bit dated but the price is ok and the C5 is too expensive for me however have been looking at the Sachse which is full on electronic ignition with it own advance curves but also cost a little less than the C5 and I can use the Honda coils, Have searched the forum but not much to see so has anyone used the Sachse and can tell me the pros and cons . I don't ride my bike hard so performance isn't an issue or should I just stick to tried and tested Dyna. Thanks for all replys Bill

herdygerdy
Power Poster
Power Poster

Re: electronic ignition

Post by herdygerdy »

Hi Bill,

Tony here in Sydney. I'm about to complete and put up for sale the next batch of my ignition kits for the Twin Shock CBX. They use modern Procomm igniters (no leaking) and the kit includes an ignition coil relay (feeds 12V directly into the coils) and also a replacement main fuse holder assembly. All are plug 'n play and comes with comprehensive installation instructions.

You retain the use of your existing pulser units and auto advance/retard unit (under the cover on the top on the end of the jack shaft) and the six pin plug on the end of that lead from from the pulsers. All the rest of the wiring is replaced, right up to the wiring that goes onto the back of the coils.

Some folks like to go down the 'full monty' electronic ignition path and tweak their tunes with different ignition maps etc and I get that. But those that have bought these units have been very happy with them, enjoying easier starting and an all round 'happier' running engine. Being 'plug 'n play', they are pretty much fit and forget.

PM me if interested.

Cheers...Tony

Wollongongcbx

Re: electronic ignition

Post by Wollongongcbx »

Hi Tony, I am in the process of fixing a few problems on a recently purchased 79 model. The rectifier/regulator is on order but I have noticed one of the ignition modules is leaking. I don’t know if it is related but number 6 cylinder is cold. What is the price of your ignition kits? Rgds murray. Wollongong. Murray.smith@bluescope.com

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”