HOT main fuse and subsequently red connector,

NobleHops
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: HOT main fuse and subsequently red connector,

Post by NobleHops »

john.hand wrote:Thanks for lead Jeff(no pun intended). Friend is on a limited income, so trying to do as much pro bono as I can. Mod will run about 30 bucks which is even tough for him. I am fronting that. I will look into harness and run by him. Suspect he wont be able to move forward with that.
John, I'll tell you what: I have three of Phil's wiring harnesses in hand, they cost about $100 (from memory). I'll mail you one and have your friend pay me back when he sells the bike. This will save a lot of head scratching and save you some of the scads of time you've already given him. I chased phantom wiring and charging problems on my bike too and they were totally cured with one of these. Excellent solution.

IOW, you paid it forward and I admire that, so I will too. Email me your address and it will leave here tonight.

Nils Menten
nils@restocycle.com
Nils Menten
Tucson, Arizona, USA '80 CBX, sort-of restored :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Good on ya, Nils.

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

That's what makes our community!!
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

john.hand
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Post by john.hand »

Jeff,
I looked at crimps, but didnt pull any insulation back to inspect wire. Crossed my mind, but voltage drops werent high enough to make me follow through. Clearly I need to reconsider. Took a much needed break yesterday.
Thanks,
John

Jeff Bennetts
Posting God
Posting God

Post by Jeff Bennetts »

john.hand wrote:Jeff,
I looked at crimps, but didnt pull any insulation back to inspect wire. Crossed my mind, but voltage drops werent high enough to make me follow through. Clearly I need to reconsider. Took a much needed break yesterday.
Thanks,
John
I see you replaced the 30 amp main, did you update it with a 30 amp spade fuse and holder?, about $5.00 at Autozone.

john.hand

Post by john.hand »

I just saw the message from Nils, somehow I missed it the other day... Life events took me offline for a few days, so just checked the board. You know, Bob was always talking about the club and showing me the old magazines he still has. He has never seen it online, but you can tell it was really a big part of his life in the day. Nils offer(hope I'm not to late in accepting, I sent a message) was unexpected, but a huge testament to the close knit community that you have built over the decades. I want to extend a huge thanks to everyone that has commented and assisted in helping Bob get his bike in working order so he can sell it for much needed income....hopefully to a fellow enthusiast.

Humbled,
John

Return to “ELECTRICAL: Alternator, Batteries, Headlights, Switches, Tailights, Wiring....”