carb identification

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: carb identification

Post by daves79x »

There must be some very minor difference, but I don't know what. It's not the vacuum valve. And I think the jetting is the same. I've rebuilt sets of both numbers and could see no difference. I'd use the ones original to the bike just because, I guess.

Dave

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

The needles and the seats on the VB61 carbs are different from the VB60s and the original VB61s on my German 79 did not have the stop covers over the mixture adjusters.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

''throw away"?....i am not familiar with that term.

jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jnnngs »

EMS wrote:The needles and the seats on the VB61 carbs are different from the VB60s and the original VB61s on my German 79 did not have the stop covers over the mixture adjusters.
Mike,

In what way are the needle / seats different? I haven't noticed any differences with them on VB60's vs. VB61's. I have seen US models that have the mixture screw "disabled", whereas Euro models don't have that. I haven't noticed any other differences internally.

Paul.

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by EMS »

jnnngs wrote:[ Mike,

In what way are the needle / seats different? I haven't noticed any differences with them on VB60's vs. VB61's. I have seen US models that have the mixture screw "disabled", whereas Euro models don't have that. I haven't noticed any other differences internally.

Paul.
Paul: I cannot tell you what exactly the difference is, I just know that the sets have different part numbers which applies to both needles and seats. The original Honda replacements I have listed for my carbs show that. I would assume it is the needle and seat shape.

jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jnnngs »

EMS wrote:
Paul: I cannot tell you what exactly the difference is, I just know that the sets have different part numbers which applies to both needles and seats. The original Honda replacements I have listed for my carbs show that. I would assume it is the needle and seat shape.
OK, but in my parts book (April 1978 version), none of the internal parts / linkages have region specific part numbers. Only the carb bodies (complete), and the full rack of carbs have different codes.

Anyway, doesnt really matter.

Paul.

Goss
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Goss »

Tripnut wrote:does anyone know the differences between VB60 and VB61 and why they used different carbs (or just numbers) on US and euro bikes? I have a UK bike with VB61's and a spare set, I also have a set of seized VB60's which I can't bring myself to throw away.

Both sets of VB61's have vacuum fuel cut outs fitted but the VB60's don't. is this the only difference?
I'm interested in buying your seized carbs for spares Tripnut, I'm near Gatwick 07971 169980.

Regards

Steve
Onboard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqWSsdKtd64
Bike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofjFhEd3

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”