Dyno Run II

E Lee

Dyno Run II

Post by E Lee »

Well here is a new thread to 1st Dyno info. This is Dyno II after changing jets from 122 to 116 and lowering needles to top notch.

I'll try to attach graph.

I have to qualify the first run in that there might have been a wrong setting resulting in Torque being way to high at 105lbs.

Results: "80" engine; DG 6:1 with highly modified baffle; Dayna Ing. & Coils; K&N indiv..

Gained 6 HP - 91.8 @ 9.5K rear wheel

Torque 54.8 - @ 7.5k

AF idle to 3K (Lean) starts at 15 and drops to 13.3 (Mixture screws @ 2 1/2).

AF 3K to 5.2K btw. 12.1 to 13.2

AF (off needle) all main jet, big drop (rich) below 10 btw. 6K & 7K

AF rise and steady at 11.7 above 7K, still rich.

I think I could go to 110 and may raise needle or replace all together. Makes me wonder about the Stage 3! I think I'll be back to stock?

Give me your E Mail if the graph is not attached here.

This sure takes a lot of guessing away. The Dyno tech hates me, fillings are loose.

Later,

Ed

[/img]

Passx
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Dyno II

Post by Passx »

Ed,

You've pretty much replecated the exact same thing I have done from the A/F to the numbers, mine is currently at 113's with the needle in the 4th slot and 1 washer under it and just about as rich as you although with the washer under the clip my low end is also in the 12-1 range. I am going to go to 110's and move the washer back on top but I think that 108's are probable. Once you get it right though you'll be amazed at how crisp it will be, I had mine right before I added the 3 individual filters and dialed the cams in and had 98 mains in it, it was great but,,,,,, I think that you'll probably see another 3-4 hp once you get it dialed. Also keep in mind that the trend is what you're looking for and the numbers are nothing more than bragging rights, My 80 had the same 92 hp and 56 ft lbs and after they recalibrated the dyno this year that same 92 hp run is now 86hp by just having it refigured in the dyno but the curves are the same. The last runs showed 2 extra at peak but the cam phasing increased the bottom to 6.5k range by 4-7 hp and ft lbs, so once the jetting is right it should be really good and then I'll probably start buggin Mark about turbo's. It's a sickness I tell ya....... I gotta go they want to strap me down again, it's time for my medicine.

Steve P. #5220

E Lee

Dyno II

Post by E Lee »

Steve,

Yes, this is indeed something that keeps you going back.

I was nervous to listen to you and go straight to 110's. Still am but just ordered 112's. I'm debating if I should but the needles back to the second notch or go to the 3rd - the AF was high from idle to 3K.

I also talked with a Tech at Dynojet as to why such a fall off to rich at 6k then a little back up. I was thinking it's the transition from needle to full jet. He said no, it's a trend for the motor but I think he is just talking! He said it's on the jet on a full throttle roll on at 4.5K - hmmmm.

It is getting crisp though.

What's to be learned from all this ---- for those whom have done it, to those about to.... Find a dyno otherwise, you don't know, until you know. I'd say reading plugs are for those who really know what to read. Just installing a stage 3 ain't all it's worked up to be.

Where's my pills :lol:

Later,

Ed

sr71cbx
Power Poster
Power Poster

Post by sr71cbx »

--
Last edited by sr71cbx on Sun May 16, 2004 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

E Lee

Dyno run

Post by E Lee »

Mark,

I sort of understood what you said, --- pushes mixture back into carb at that certain rpm, then as engine/cams can get moving will actually be able to gulp the whole thing, but at that certain rpm has more mixture; left over and new which creates rich condition.

We shall see, maybe another run by end of week. Let's see how it looks.

I think I will leave a little rich to compensate those hot valley days.

If anything, the learning process is actually fun. A whole lot better than just putting in the 122's and calling it good!

50 mpg - and power to boot - just kidding!

Later,

Ed

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”