Airbox

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Airbox

Post by wyly »

My worst fuel mileage...full tank to sputtering on reserve 65 miles. :? It was a quick 65 miles :D
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

oroepke
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by oroepke »

You owned an RD350 (as did I) so I totally believe you :D
New 1980 CBX owner as of January 2023!
Other bikes: BMW R1200GS, BMW R80 G/S, BMW R75/5
Previous bikes: Several SOHC Hondas and KZ's, a few BMWs, Honda CT, HD Fatboy, XL 500, DR 750, RD 350, CB250....

oroepke
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by oroepke »

Howdy everyone? It has been a few weeks....in the meantime I have decided (with a heavy heart that is), that I will move on from the CBX and tackle a new project. I am very much into BMW boxer bikes and I think that a /2 bike will be on my horizon. My garage is overstuffed, and I have to sell a bike before a new one will even fit in....

I went on another amazing 100+ mls ride today. The bike is at a point to where I can get it, a reliable, very good looking rider that get compliments everywhere. Not a Concourse show piece since a few parts are not original, but I would not hesitate to ride this bike anywhere. So here you go, some pics from today's ride and I will create the listing in the next days. Thanks to everyone who has given me input and I am sure I will see some of you somewhere (Joe and Nils, the Handbuilt Show is coming up, will you attend again)?

Olaf
IMG_9700.JPG
IMG_9695.JPG
IMG_9703.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Previous bikes: Several SOHC Hondas and KZ's, a few BMWs, Honda CT, HD Fatboy, XL 500, DR 750, RD 350, CB250....

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Sorry to hear you're thinking of selling. I do applaud your persistence in getting the bike running well. As you know, my other hobby is Earles BMWs. Give me a shout if you want to chat about those. Might be able to save you some aggravation!

Dave

oroepke
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by oroepke »

Dave, thanks I am aware. Your friend Chris pointed that out when I started my CBX adventure. I know Chris through a Facebook group, because we were both working on a G/S.

I have no regrets, the CBX is a great bike. I am just a bit more drawn to the boxers. I’ll keep you on speed dial!

JoeInTUS
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by JoeInTUS »

Olaf

No hand built show for us this year. We were in Austin last year for MotoGP and some riding with a friend in Austin. He is coming to AZ this year.

A pleasure meeting you last year. Good luck with your next project.

Joe
Joe S
Tucson, AZ

oroepke
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by oroepke »

Thanks Joe! Good to meet you too, who knows, if someone offers me another CBX project, why not? Now I know what to do (mostly)!

But I think it's more likely that I go the BMW route. Cheers!

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”