Choke screws and Threebond 1401

geebee58
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Choke screws and Threebond 1401

Post by geebee58 »

Hi Everyone. This is probably a well trodden path but searches haven't really returned that much...

I remember being told by an excellent source that to secure choke butterfly retaining screws, all that was required was a low strength anaerobic threadlocker.

And for some reason I have ThreeBond 1401 stuck in my mind. But I can't for the life of me find where I read it. I thought it might have been in Mike Nixon's excellent book on CBX Carburettor book but it wasn't there...

Can I ask if anyone have used this product. I've seen a lot about Loctite and using "blue" grade etc, but the Threebond thing is a nagging deal that's doing my head in.

For history, I refurb'ed my carbs about two years ago but work and a whole bunch of stuff got in the way of finishing the last step of the process. Now time is on my side and I'm about to finish the job by refitting the choke butterflies and continuing on with getting my bike going.

Cheers everyone and thanks for reading this far.

Gary B

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”