A Learning and a Question

tian647
New Member & Happy To Be Here

A Learning and a Question

Post by tian647 »

I have been slowly fettling my neglected CBX, poor thing has been shuffled off to a dark corner of the garage and infrequently dragged out into the light such that age and idleness overcame fork seals, carburetor gaskets and brake calipers, etc.

I have been dreading re-installing the carbs until I finally worked up the courage (or sought refuge from our over-staying house guests) to head out to the garage and tackle this challenge. I did, this time, arm myself with a tip from this forum: heat the manifold boots until they are uncomfortably warm to the touch." Wow - they popped right on with hardly any pressure, like they were drawn in by magnetic attraction. Hell, if I had known that step would have been that easy I'd have been riding my bike this summer already...

I am now attending all the remaining loose fasteners hoses and cables and have one that I can't quite positively identify - a plastic barb clipped onto the top of the clutch cover, shown in the attached [and inverted?] photo. I think it is meant to attach to the float bowl 'spider' for the overflow vents - can anyone confirm I have it right?

Thanks all!

Christian
'79 CBX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: A Learning and a Question

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

At least now i know where my over-staying house guests ended up.

You are correct, even upside down that is still a "joint, overflow".
https://www.ronayers.com/oemparts/a/hon ... comp-parts

tian647

Re: A Learning and a Question

Post by tian647 »

Brilliant - thank you!

Christian
'79 CBX

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”