Carb overflow lines

EMS
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Carb overflow lines

Post by EMS »

FalldownPhil wrote:If you're happy, I'm happy :-)
Phil
Phil: I don't know why you feel offended and why this has to turn into a p...ng contest. All I am saying is, that the real remedy was the vacuum valve and not the change to the later overflow line configuration. If you take a vacuum valve out of a later model bike and leave the lines unchanged you still risk hydrolock. Carbs 1-3 and 4-6 are still connected. 10-7.

Playtex11

Post by Playtex11 »

Wow at all the replies. Thanks!
So to recap, with the setup I have (79 carb set on an 80 CBX) if I avoid using the sidestand ( I don't particularly trust it) and always turn off the petcock after shutting down, I should be ok leaving these drain lines hooked up?
Thanks

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Never a problem with my 82 which I run sans vacuum valve. Just always turn off the fuel. System has automatic reminder feature if I (you) forget to turn it on. :-)
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

EMS wrote:
FalldownPhil wrote:If you're happy, I'm happy :-)
Phil
Phil: I don't know why you feel offended and why this has to turn into a p...ng contest. All I am saying is, that the real remedy was the vacuum valve and not the change to the later overflow line configuration. If you take a vacuum valve out of a later model bike and leave the lines unchanged you still risk hydrolock. Carbs 1-3 and 4-6 are still connected. 10-7.
Mike, I am not feeling offended at all. We have been friends for way too long for me to be offended.
We both have opinions to which we are entitled unless something has happened to our 1st amendment :-)
Very Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

FalldownPhil
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by FalldownPhil »

Playtex11 wrote:Wow at all the replies. Thanks!
So to recap, with the setup I have (79 carb set on an 80 CBX) if I avoid using the sidestand ( I don't particularly trust it) and always turn off the petcock after shutting down, I should be ok leaving these drain lines hooked up?
Thanks
Yes !!
Best,
Phil
When you are up to your ass in alligators it is sometimes difficult
to remember that your objective was to drain the swamp !!

Playtex11

Post by Playtex11 »

Thanks and let's close this topic......

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”