Pod Filters

Stevo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Pod Filters

Post by Stevo »

Hi Guys
Just wondering has anyone fitted a set of Pod type filters? do they cause mixture problems? I restored a CB450 and fitted pods without any problems, I do have the original air box etc but would prefer the cleaner look of pods.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Re: Pod Filters

Post by daves79x »

This question has been addressed as much as any topic has here. Try a quick search and you'll have hours of reading on the subject. But the short answer is yes, running pods on a CBX requires significant jetting changes. Read a bit, then ask any questions you might have.

Dave

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

Stevo wrote:Hi Guys
Just wondering has anyone fitted a set of Pod type filters? do they cause mixture problems? I restored a CB450 and fitted pods without any problems, I do have the original air box etc but would prefer the cleaner look of pods.
yeah save yourself a lot of headaches don't do it, Mr Honda got this part right. A lot of airflow engineering went into that stock airbox setup.
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mouse »

I second Wyly's post. I am going back to stock airbox after having K&N air pods.
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

Stevo
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by Stevo »

Thanks guys think I will stick with factory air box then.

daves79x
ICOA Technical Director
ICOA Technical Director

Post by daves79x »

Good move. I just re-read your original post - pods have a 'cleaner' look?? Nothing to me is cleaner looking than the stock airbox.

Dave

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

daves79x wrote:Good move. I just re-read your original post - pods have a 'cleaner' look?? Nothing to me is cleaner looking than the stock airbox.

Dave
I think “cleaner look” as in the current trend of cafe racer conversions...”minimalist” being the equivalent word for cleaner in the cafe world jargon
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”