Naked Nipples

icouldabeenav8
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Naked Nipples

Post by icouldabeenav8 »

Having received my carbs from Mike Nixon a while back and having installed them on my '79 brings me to my next issue to resolve. Nixon includes with the returned carbs a sheet of 18 tips and one of them is regarding the 6-into-1 octopus of bowl overflow hoses and the need discard it because of the risk of dreaded hydrolock. My bike long ago was relieved of these for that same reason and I happily rode with no hoses attached to the overflow nipples.

Because I am preparing my bike for sale, I want the bike to be right for the next owner and that includes a solution of the naked nipples (six!). The most obvious solution seems to be individual hoses routed to the same point as the original collector hose. But even the smallest hose I can find gets to be quite a thick snake when six of them are bundled together. Perhaps the really thin-wall type of hose would reduce this but I have found none.

Has anyone solved this problem? Photos would help if available.

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Naked Nipples

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Couldn't you bundle the left side bank together and feed it down near the airbox puke tank?
The three right side would feed down in the usual spot.

Prepping for sale? Eye-balling something else?

jt
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jt »

I use small vacuum hose cut to fit, three on on one side in front of the Alt. And three on the other side out the back of the motor I think by the oil line, hard to remember now.
The size I got was pain to get on, I use wd40 to help, but think a spritz of lithium grease would be better.
JT In Texas

The biggest troublemaker you'll probably ever
have to deal with, watches you from
the mirror every mornin'.

icouldabeenav8

Post by icouldabeenav8 »

Thanks for replies, guess I am going with two indivdual bundles.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”