Pilot screw o-ring dimensions

bdento59
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Pilot screw o-ring dimensions

Post by bdento59 »

So, I've been working on a lot of carbs lately that need to be cleaned from disuse AND/or using 10% EtOH fuel. In most cases, the only "consumables" required to finish the job are bowl gaskets and pilot (mixture) screw o-rings. Although the bowl gaskets are almost always available through the aftermarket, its impossible to get accurate dimensions from a used o-ring, and I have a problem buying several overpriced carb rubber gasket "sets" when all I need is the o-rings for the mixture screws.

So, the question is begged... "What is the size (or typical sizes) for Honda pilot screw o-rings? I have two pilot screws on the bench from two different model Hondas and the barrels both measure 2.97mm in diameter, so I'm fairly certain that 2.8mm is the correct inside diameter needed for the o-ring. The real problem is the thickness. On several websites that do sell pilot screw o-rings separately, I see a number of diferent thicknesses from 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3 and 1.9mm. I'd like to stock these puppies so I don't have to pay $12 S/H each time I place a $1.90 o-ring order, so any help in this sizing regard would be appreciated.
Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton@verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC
We Breathe New Life into Old Bikes

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Pilot screw o-ring dimensions

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Bill, in this article from Mike Nixon he states that Kawasaki o-ring part # 92055-1002 will work.
http://www.motorcycleproject.com/text/c ... short.html

That shows up as 2.7mm x 1.15mm on the Z1Enterprises site.

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:Bill, in this article from Mike Nixon he states that Kawasaki o-ring part # 92055-1002 will work.
http://www.motorcycleproject.com/text/c ... short.html

That shows up as 2.7mm x 1.15mm on the Z1Enterprises site.
The Kawasaki o-ring does indeed work. It is the exact same part. The screws are available from Kawasaki also, and they are also the exact same part. In fact, a lot of carb parts interchange between Kawasaki Keihin carbs and Honda Keihin carbs. The only difference is Kawasaki made a deal with Keihin to supply more individual parts separately than did Honda. That said, I also have the o-ring for sale on my homepage. Very reasonably, I might add..... :-)

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Thanks for the additional info, Mike.
I should have left out the Z1Enterprises part. It was used just as a reference point.
Like many others here i like to use vendors/suppliers that support the site and the marque.

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

:-)

bdento59
Forum Regular
Forum Regular

Post by bdento59 »

Thanks Steve and Mike for the head(s) up Z1enterprises is out of stock anyway.

Mike, are the correct ones on your website listed as o-ring and washer kit for two carbs?
Bill Denton
Yardley, PA
wkdenton@verizon.net
Lazarus Cycleworks, LLC
We Breathe New Life into Old Bikes

Mike Nixon
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Mike Nixon »

bdento59 wrote:Thanks Steve and Mike for the head(s) up Z1enterprises is out of stock anyway.

Mike, are the correct ones on your website listed as o-ring and washer kit for two carbs?
Yup. That's them.

Return to “CARBS: Cleaning, Rebuilding, Swaps, Aftermarket, Tuning, Syncing, and More”