Renewed membership

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
jerry smith
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Renewed membership

Post by jerry smith »

Membership card shows 2010. Work/life issues,just renewed my membership. '79 CBX parked since 2010. Did a carb rebuild this spring and have been riding about 3 days a week. Thought about buying a newer road bike but after riding the Honda all summer can't think of another bike I'd rather ride. Everything works so well. Got an occasional rattle at idle but I've ordered the rubbers for the basket and will put them in this winter to see if that helps. I bench synced the carbs but will do a proper job when my buddy returns my gauge. The bike has 28000 km on it and I plan on checking valve clearances etc this winter. It starts right up and runs well. I had to get an appraisal for insurance(appraisal cost $200 insurance $800) the tail piece is from an'80(has the door), the Honda name plates on the gas tank replaced with decals(bit of bondo and repaint) but he said everything else was original and appraised it at $11,300. I had no idea,but was pleased for sure. Retired 3 years ago and have been enjoying the time working on my bikes and riding( and avoiding my wifes work list).
Jerry

Larry Zimmer
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt
ICOA Web Post/Pix/Video Archive Mgt

Re: Renewed membership

Post by Larry Zimmer »

Good 'stuff', Jerry. Just no better feeling than riding that 6 down the road. All the knew tech, etc -- can't beat that old air-cooled 'little' CBX.
Larry Zimmer
cbxlarry@sbcglobal.net

Return to “New Users - Start Here”