New Member - Canuck

You are seeing roughly half of our forum - what's here, how to register to see the remainder
LittleFlowerz70
New Member & Happy To Be Here
New Member & Happy To Be Here

New Member - Canuck

Post by LittleFlowerz70 »

Thank you for the admission to this forum. I am fairly new to using forums and I am a pleased owner of an 83 CBX550F. I have been riding since I bought from new a 1996 CBR600F3 Smokin Joe Edition. I have kept the bike in excellent condition all these years but had a longing for something with more useful torque. Last year I picked up a 98 VTR1000F Firestorm. These two bikes are really quite different and require slightly different riding styles but they both deliver are lot of fun. It turns out I feel like I have a permanent grin on face when I'm riding the VTR1000. Driving out of corners is soo much fun.

It turns out I think bikes are similar to tattoos, getting your first can be quite difficult but after that your 2nd and 3rd come can come along much faster. In similar fashion, this year I picked up my 3rd bike, an 83 CBX550F and have begun the process of restoring the bike. I have only ridden the CBX550F briefly but it was really great fun to be on it. It's not quite as serious a ride as my other bikes but that makes it even more compelling to ride often and easier to enjoy. I can enjoy cruising around with bike, something I couldn't say about my other bikes. The restoration overall is going well as the bike was already running well but I am attempting to get it back to original condition with an emphasis on exhaust, carburation and handling. However, I think underestimated the challenge of finding information and parts for this bike in Canada.

Thanks again

Mouse
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New Member - Canuck

Post by Mouse »

:text-welcomewave:
To the group.
Canadian Amateur Radio Call sign VE6 VES

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: New Member - Canuck

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Welcome to the site.
Know anybody in Montreal?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-pieces-accessoir ... nFlag=true

Unfortunately this site is mostly dedicated to the 6 cylinder CBX but with the vast mechanical knowledge here some of your issues might get sorted.

Return to “New Users - Start Here”