Small works on my CBX 1000

Hey, what projects are you planning or preparing for? CBX, other motos, workshop, WHATEVAH!
PedroPC
New Member & Happy To Be Here

Small works on my CBX 1000

Post by PedroPC »

Hello,

I share with this comunity, the changes and small work I've done in my CBX.

Completely disassembled, and reassembled front suspension with all necessary maintenance.
Brake discs replaced by original ones.
Front and rear brakes revised.
Handlebars replaced by lower European originals.
Original wheels replaced by the 1981 prolink version.

Next work will focus on engine and carburetors.
I think that next April I can make some rides in this fantastic bike, the CBX 1000.
IMG_1834.JPG
IMG_1821.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My current bikes:
Honda CBX1000Z 1980 | Honda NC700S 2012 | Honda CB1100F Super Bol D'or 1985 (needing restoration, not yet started)
BMW R1200GS Rallye 2017 | BMW K1600GT 2012 | BMW R100RS 1978

When I try to explain why I ride a motorcycle, for those who have never experienced no explanation is possible! for those who ride motorcycle no explanation is needed!

steve murdoch icoa #5322
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Re: Small works on my CBX 1000

Post by steve murdoch icoa #5322 »

Pedro, glad to hear you got the forks sorted.
I prefer the look of your bike now that you have the lower handlebars.
If you have a repair manual there are a couple of fairly detailed drawings with proper cable routing. Your throttle cables should go between the fork leg and the headlight behind the shell and through the frame rails. They would be a bit more protected.

PedroPC

Post by PedroPC »

steve murdoch icoa #5322 wrote:.....
If you have a repair manual there are a couple of fairly detailed drawings with proper cable routing. Your throttle cables should go between the fork leg and the headlight behind the shell and through the frame rails. They would be a bit more protected.

It's true Steve,

I had also seen that detail and is already on my list to put it in the correct way

Thanks for your advice.
My current bikes:
Honda CBX1000Z 1980 | Honda NC700S 2012 | Honda CB1100F Super Bol D'or 1985 (needing restoration, not yet started)

When I try to explain why I ride a motorcycle, for those who have never experienced no explanation is possible! for those who ride motorcycle no explanation is needed!

PedroPC

Post by PedroPC »

The bike seat is in genuine leather and is in very good condition. It's not original but I think for now I'll leave it as it is.
The side covers, are painted in Candy Glory Red so not original, but for now I will leave them like that.
I have also been able to buy the two mirrors, right and left, both in black and very much like the originals.
The whole electrical system is working well, and now ..... I really need to start tuning the engine and carburetors.
IMG_1837.JPG
I'm really looking forward to end all tasks and go ride this bike
IMG_1828.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My current bikes:

Z Grand
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by Z Grand »

Your bike looks nice. When I first saw a red CBX in 1978, I thought, "Why didn't they paint the side covers red?" So when I had my bodywork repainted, I had my side covers painted red as well. Not original, but definitely looks better in my opinion. 8)

wyly
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by wyly »

side covers look good painted or unpainted it's subjective... if I had an extra set I'd probably paint those the same as the tank and cowl too...
CBX a work in progress, still improving...GS1150EFE completed and awaiting modifications.....RD350, remnants in boxes scattered throughout the garage

jnnngs
ICOA Member
ICOA Member

Post by jnnngs »

Pedro,

Bike is looking good, keep at it!

Paul.

Return to “Project Threads”